Thursday, August 9, 2012

God’s Love



Before my father passed away, I had spent some time talking with him about what it means to be a pastor or minister. Something I took away from our conversations, and conversations with other church leaders as well, is that one of the most important things a minister must do is to love their people. Well, as Martin Luther did, I believe in the priesthood of all believers, that all Christians are called to care for and share the Good News of Jesus Christ with all people. Each one of us is called to be a minister in the world. This being said, I refer back to my father’s words and give thanks for this congregation, Lord of Life Lutheran, and your love for one another and for those to whom you serve in the world. The Spirit is so evident in the life and ministry of this congregation. I give thanks for your partnership in the Lord’s work and feel blessed to be a part of this community of faith.



I want to share with you words from Paul’s letter to the people of Ephesus, Ephesians 3:14-21, a prayer that I pray for you, the people of Lord of Life, fellow members in the Body of Christ, and all people everywhere: “I bow in prayer before the Father from whom every family in heaven and on earth gets its true name. I ask the Father in His great glory to give you the power to be strong, inwardly through His Spirit. I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in Him. And I pray that you and all God’s holy people will have the power to understand the greatness of Christ’s love–how wide and how long and how high and how deep that love is. Chris’s love is greater than anyone can ever know, but I pray that you will be able to know that love. Then, you can be filled with the fullness of God. With God’s power working in us, God can do much, much more that anything we can ask or imagine. To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus for all time, forever and ever. Amen.”

I am grateful to God for all of God’s blessings including the opportunity to serve in ministry at Lord of Life. I live grateful to you all as well, for your hospitality, care and for your ministry to me and my family. I look forward to continuing to partner with you in the Gospel and journeying together. I know God continues to have great things in store for Lord of Life and indeed will continue to guide and bless us.

God’s Peace!
Pastor Percy


No comments:

Post a Comment